Sunday, November 21, 2010

Manning Amelia.



Amelia, just like all the other 3 Harris Hawks I have trained might as well be a wild trapped bird. Scared and not willing to sit on the fist for any length of time. I must have tried to get her to stand on the fist even but for 2 seconds at least 200 times yesterday. As far as I am concerned that is the normal thing for me. Now birds from different breeders may say manning will be different from breeder to breeder based on how the babies where raised. If there was any human interaction or if there was basicly only the parents in the mews breeding chamber. Last night I finally got her to stand on the fist for well over an hour and eventually she tucked up her wings! Tonight I hope she will eat for me. Ill try it a few times today durring the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment